If you are a parent of an amazing little girl, chances are that on her birthday you are always stumped, and in search for that perfect gift. We always yearn for that moment when she smiles from ear to ear on opening that wonderful present from you.
Well.. we have tried to make a bit easier this year by creating a list of 12 ideas from which hopefully you can find one that is just perfect for your little princess. As opposed to the standard gift these are all based on her particular interest, and almost all of these involve bit of you spending time with her as well. Woo hoo!!
1. Does she like to cook? If so, sign her up for some unique and fun cooking lessons. There are many options in every city, and you can probably sign up for the class with her. What a wonderful way to spend quality time together. If she really enjoys it, then there are tons of options with various styles and cuisines.
2. Does she enjoy Fashion? Treat her to her own Photo-shoot. Based on her personality, you can either book one with a professional, or you can spend the day doing one at home. You can get really creative and come up with several themes for her to choose from. Do make sure that you have a good camera so that you can preserve the fun moments. What a wonderful gift for any girl!
3. Does she like to Dance? Sign up for some special Dance lessons. Way too often we try to push our kids into activities that we think would be good for them. It’s also important to sign up for activities that can enjoy without an expectation of performance. She can enjoy these lessons and simply have fun. There are usually many styles of Dance to choose from as well.
4. Does she love the Outdoors? Plan a special weekend getaway. Let her know that the weekend is all about her, and take her away on special trek or camping trip. Make sure to take your Camera.
5. Do she love a particular Sport? Do your research and plan ahead to take her to an important game or match. It doesn’t matter if the event has passed. Plan for the next one. Just letting her know that she will be going to the next one will put a wonderful smile on her face for the coming months. If the event idea doesn’t click with you, try purchasing something with the autograph of her favourite sportsman or sportswomen. There are many sites like eBay that will help you do this.
6. Does she really enjoy Music? This is great one, as you have several options. You can either buy her an instrument if she has ever expressed the interest, or you can take her a to a show that she may enjoy. If it’s the latter, then you can make an entire day of it. With online music stores like iTunes and Pandora you can ever buy her a gift card that she can enjoy and use throughout the year. How about a signed Album by her favourite artist? Once again try eBay for these memorabilia.
7. Does she enjoy Wildlife? Find a new Zoo out of town, and make a trip out of it. You will have to do your research for this one, and you want to make sure that the destination is worth the effort. If you making a trip is not in the card, then maybe plan a day of horse-riding. She will love it.
8. Is she Adventurous? There are many companies that allow spending time on Segways for example. This is a great option for you to spend some really fun time together. Make sure you have a camera to capture the moment.
9. Is she interested in Photography? Sign up for Photography lessons. These are great because they not only teach the child on how to properly use the camera, but some also offer insight on the development of these photographs. It’s a great option for budding shutterbugs.
10. Does she enjoy looking at Stars? Plan a date with her to the nearest Planetarium. Even better it may be worth buying her a Telescope. There a several cheap options nowadays, and if she enjoys it then it gives you something fun to do together on clear evenings throughout the year.
11. Does she enjoy looking at Birds? You can become birdwatchers together. Buy a pair of Binoculars for each of you, and off you go.. This is a fun one as it gives you an opportunity to spend time together for years to come. You may want to read up on the common birds in the area to start, and in order to pique her interest.
12. You & I Coupons: If none of the suggestions above really click with you, then this is a great gift for Girls. Make your coupons for the entire year that guarantee her time for the both of you, at a time of her choosing, with an activity of her choosing. Nothing will make her feel more special than her knowing that she has you and your attention whenever she needs or wants it!
Hope you have fun trying our ideas!
Please do let us know how it turns out by adding Comments in the section below.